Techniguard B-Series has additional features with only a moderately lower in performance compared to our R-Series VJP:
- Simplifies system layout requirements – Flexibility reduces the necessity for precise system layout measurements.
- Reroute/reuse system – Flexibility allows much or all of a system to be reused if the use-point locations are changed in a plant. You can also add to the existing system without major rework expenses.
- Lower shipping costs – Flexibility allows cryogenic pipe systems to be coiled and crated for shipment via motor or air freight. The need for expensive dedicated trucks is eliminated. Overseas shipment is no longer cost prohibitive.
We offer a choice of three different coverings: stainless steel armor, heat shrink, or stainless steel braid to protect the outer convoluted tubing from abrasion.
VJP is essentially two pipes, one within the other. The cryogenic liquid flows through the inner pipe. The outer pipe serves as a vacuum jacket which houses the inner line, the vacuum space, a molecular sieve, getters, and the super-insulation. Our vacuum insulated pipe has extremely low heat leak, minimizing cryogen loss from boil-off.
Technifab’s B-Series bendable vacuum jacketed pipe is constructed of 300 Series stainless steel convoluted inner and outer tubing.
- Techniguard bendable VJP utilizes a vacuum and multi-layer insulation (MLI) to reduce heat radiation and convection.
- A special molecular sieve and chemical getters remove residual molecules and impurities from any outgassing contamination.
Techniguard VJP is superior to traditional foam insulated pipe; the typical heat loss for foam insulated pipe is 40 times greater than Techniguard B-Series VJP!
Sections of Techniguard Bendable VJP are connected via vacuum insulated bayonet connectors. Bayonet connections simplify installation by eliminating the need for threaded or welded field joints and the associated foam insulation or wrapping. The B-Series vacuum insulated pipe uses the same bayonets as our rigid (R-Series) vacuum insulated pipe, allowing easy interconnection in cryogenic transfer systems.
Technifab has extensive experience in manufacturing vacuum jacketed pipe systems. We were the first to introduce modular vacuum jacketed piping, keeping prefabricated sections of Techniguard VJP, modular valves, gas vents, and gas traps in stock to quickly deliver systems or replacements when you need them. We also custom design and manufacture cryogenic pipe systems to your exact requirements.
Read the article from the May 2004 issue of Food Manufacturing on our VJP installation at Schneider Foods.